Sales and Market Research Coordinator at VisitPITTSBURGH
After three colleges and eight very long years of going to school and working full time, I graduated Summa Cum Laude from Point Park University 2014 with a degree in Integrated Marketing Communications. I have been in the hospitality industry for over 11 years. I started my career at the Sheraton Station Square hotel in 2007 as PBX and worked my way up to Group Coordinator. In 2011 I was nominated from the hotel’s Executive Committee as the ‘Employee of the Year’ and then a few months later was awarded ‘Guest Service Employee of the Year’ from Greater Pittsburgh Hotel Association. In 2013 I left the hotel and transitioned over to the DMO side of hospitality to VisitPITTSBURGH where I fell in love with Tourism Research. When I am not at work I am most likely spending time at home with my boys; my boyfriend, Danijel and our dog, Fitzy
I love being in the tourism industry and creating my own brand.
Sales and Market Research Coordinator September 2014 – Present
Reports Coordinator at VisitPITTSBURGH September 2013 – Present
*Record room night pick up from hotels
*Turn group bookings definite
*Record Sales managers monthly incentive numbers
*Keep track of the economic impact that each group brings to the city.
*Record Partnership departments monthly incentive numbers
*Keep up with traveling and tourism trends
*Social Media team
*Create surveys and collect data
*Review reports from Tourism Economics and Smith Travel on a monthly basis *Gather data for monthly Director of Sales and General Manager Meetings
Programs used – iDSS empowerMINT Excel PowerPoint
April 2010 – September 2013 (3 years 6 months)
• Handle incoming reservation calls
• Assist Sales and Catering staff with room blocks • Analyze and Catalogue Group Contracts
• Assist wedding parties with group room blocks
• Design websites for incoming groups
• Assemble packages for incoming guests
• Assist Revenue Manager with building rate schedules
• Communicate with third parties regarding reservations; Travelocity, Hotwire, etc.
• Charge credit cards for no shows, same day cancelations, pre-paid reservations
• Maintain relationships with repeat guests
• Meet with group contacts when they arrive to review and ensure event goes smoothly
• Use various programs on a daily basis: Delphi, Crystal, Galaxy, Lightspeed
May 2007 – April 2010 (3 years)
Answer incoming calls to the hotel and transfer to the appropriate extension • Answer guest inquiries about the hotel and city
• Attend to guest needs; restaurant inquiries, amenities, complaints etc.
• Help front desk agents when needed
• Log guests inquiries into the hotels computer system
• Write a daily newsletter for the next business days events
Point Park University
Bachelor’s degree, Integrated Marketing Communications, 2012 – 2014
Activities and Societies: Integrated Marketing Communications, Dean’s List, Magna Cum Laude Community College of Allegheny County
Associate’s degree, Education, 2008 – 2011
Activities and Societies: Dean’s List
Honors and Awards
Employee of the Month, Employee of the Month, Employee of the Year 2011, Greater Pittsburgh Hospitality Guest Services Employee of the Year 2011.